I went to Edmonton Lawnmower Hospital at the beginning of November 2017, to look for a leaf blower. I was met by Niel, one of their staff members, who gave me great comparative reviews of two or three backpack-style leaf blowers. Based on the solid information he gave me, I bought Husqvarna 580BTs backpack-style leaf blower from them.
I have used this machine for blowing snow for the last five months and the following is my report on this machine.
1. The machine starts very easily after about two pulls even in the cold (-10 to -25 degree Celcius)
2. As long as the snow is not driven on or trampled on, the machine can move 3-4 inches (about 8-10 cm) of snow without too much difficulty. When you finish snow blowing with this machine, what you see is clean concrete on your sidewalk or driveway. It cut my regular snow shoveling time by 50%! and my arms ache and backache by 75% (I don't use snow shovels that much anymore).
3. This machine is not that effective with wet snow of more than 2 inches (4 - 6 cm).
4. Even though the machine weighs about twenty-six pounds, the weight is ergonomically so well distributed in its design, you don't actually feel the heavy weight at all.
5. I never had any problem with this machine so far.
6. It is one of the best investments I have ever made in my snow shoveling operation.
From the Lawnmower Hospital:
Good Day Attinaw
Thank you very much for the detailed review
we are very happy that our recommendation has worked out well
your review will help many people to make a more educated decision